L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Monday, August 28, 2006

"I once had a love but soon had enough…

for he was a false contender.” ~ Camera Obscura, False Contender


Had enough of his passive-aggressive crap…

Tired of him picking fights with me and passing them off as my doing…

Tedious can only begin to describe the feeling that of having to walk on eggshells.

We got in the most aggravating disagreement and his voice was raised to me, he said some really hurtful things, and this angry, beady look in his eyes was just, well, that was it for me.

I don’t take well to being yelled at and the added criticism that should have been pointed back at his judgmental self. It surprised me when I replied to much of what spewed out of his mouth with this calm, cool, and collected reply. It was as if I knew this was coming.

But I didn’t, I swear. And usually I have trouble with arguments that deal with emotional ties. Have I changed? Maybe so. The past two break-ups, I’ve been able to say what’s on my mind and be true to my sensitive side. No longer the silent stoic I was in my younger years.

I’ve never had a particularly ugly breakup. Long and drawn out, full of tears, yes; But ugly? No.

This was ugly. And I have issues with it being so. I just don’t like leaving things unraveling as they were.

Apparently, I haven’t owned any cut-offs until last night.

And surprisingly, there's nary a tear.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I'm very impressed. Your ability to be calm and collected in the face of a raised voice and nasty words is to be envied.

It seems like you know it's for the best, which is good. It still sucks, as all break-ups do. But at least you know there's somethng better out there than that.

3:38 PM  
Blogger It's me, @Moustachio said...

If you need anyone to make out with to get over him, let me know. I AM in Austin, you know.

4:07 PM  
Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

H.R.H.: Well, he's obviously not very mature if he can't handle when things aren't peachy keen.

An asshole? No.
A jerk? You can count on that.

Jess: Thanks girl. I don't know where the strength came from. Maybe I'm just used to this now.

Conti: Do you offer back rubs too? Because I've got this mean knot...

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home