L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Thursday, July 13, 2006

“Well, I’m braggin…

I’m always in love” ~ Wilco, Always in Love



A recent email from one of my girl friends started like this:

“It must be love… No email...no blog entries...sheesh....”

If I can’t admit embarrassment here in my own polka dotted blog element, then were else can I admit it?

I’m embarrassed that I let my blog simmer on the backburner. The sides of the pan were starting to smoke! Whatever was cooking now appears to have spent an afternoon in a dehydrator.

No, it’s not love, though my friend was kidding. You see, she knows me well enough to know a few things about me:

1. I’m really easy-going, bordering on lazy.
2. I’m not one to lose my head in a relationship. No, I’m not in love.
3. I like my summers lazy and full of stuff to do.

Also, I’ve had house guests- no, not the boy! The parental units paraded into a very full weekend of mine.

I am working on another entry and a long-awaited Personal Ads 101 Chapter 3. It’s just that my writing time has been sucked into this vortex that is the summer.

What else should a girl be doing with her summer but working to support her margarita, baseball, swimming, bbq, and outdoor concert habits?

Nothing else, that’s what!

3 Comments:

Blogger Douglas said...

do you ever go to Ginny's Little Longhorn?

6:01 PM  
Blogger It's me, @Moustachio said...

Our summer lists are similar!

2:15 PM  
Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

allbilly: I have been once. It was spurred by a drunken suggestion that was misinterpreted as "Jenny's Little Lawnmower."

We never did find that lawnmower...

conti: Yes! And tonight, I get my ride in the Tin Lizzie. No kidding. Sadly, it goes off to the new owner tomorrow.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home