"What you know you have or what you think you aren't...
It's never perfect" ~Jenny Lewis, Melt Your Heart
So much is going on right now, my head is spinning.
There's:
You know how there's so much stuff going on that you pine for a day when there's absolutely nothing going on so that you can just run off to the nearest body of water and goof around in the sun all day? Yeah? That's so totally what it's like to be me right now.
I'm not complaining. It's just how it is.
1. The Boy. I think from now on, this is how I will refer to him. He's very boyish in his charm, yet responsible for his emotions and thoughtful about mine. I mean, when do you find that in a guy? God, like never. But I've managed to snag the impossible. It's good.
He's good to my cat; my fat-ass cat. His dogs are good to my Fatboy. In fact, he will be watching my Fatboy whilst I am frolicking away and drinking fine Canadian lager on a family vacation, the first in many, many years.
And he likes Ford. It is music to my Michigander roots; it is! Though, he just sold his T- bucket and that brings mixed emotions for The Boy, it is good for his many home improvements and for opening another chapter in his life. But first, I get a date in the Model T, a piece of assembly line history!
2. The friends. SO much is going on with attempting to introduce my friends to The Boy. My closest friends have not even been able to meet him yet and this totally is not intentional.
I got *cough*drunk*cough* and lost track of time one night. My friend and her fiancé have turned into the couple that eat dinner at 6pm and are in bed by 10pm. Now I find out they are moving to Salt Lake City in a little over a month.
I managed to catch a stomach bug one night before meeting my other friend and her hubby out for a late night concert. I was just informed that there was a rockabilly-punk group and a burlesque show, which totally makes my tummy hurt realizing that I missed that.
Either way, I suck lately and I apologize profusely. I think the time off will serve me well in that I've been run ragged lately and am totally starting to resemble my childhood doll: Raggedy Ann.
3. For vacay I will be heading to the motherlands of Michigan and Canada. Lots of sun and water and boats and family. Whew! That was a mouthful! But really, I have so many loose ends to tie up at work before then and now.
I'm also fucking excited as all get out because I'm going to the Tiger's game on 8/4/06!!!! I haven't been to one in years and this season is stellar. Not only that, but I will be going with my dad's side of the family, which are a ton of fun. My cousin is like a big brother and his wife and kiddos are the bee's knees.
But first, that work thing must get out of the way. I get a whole lot of my writing done at work, hence the lack of posting. Working through lunch… I don't recommend it.
I'm really fucking excited, people. The Tigers! This is what gets me through the day this week. Daydreams of Verlander and Pudge. But not because they are cute… because they have put baseball back into the hearts of Tiger fans, everywhere.
4. I'm on vacation from my youngest sibling. I love her but she's messy and lazy. Now that I'm not picking up after her and her menagerie, I've got all the time in the world for dates, swimming, bike rides in the hot Texas sun, and all that stuff… when I'm not sick. The immune system and I are going to have a long talk…
5. There's been a whole lot more of hanging out with the brother and his awesome girlfriend since I'm no longer the 3 rd wheel. Well, in all honesty, they already have a 3 rd wheel in the form of their collective best friend who is the male version of me: perpetually single, dating like crazy, not getting anywhere.
Oh shit, that's not me anymore. It's not sunk in yet. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but whatever, it's new. No worrying about it now!
Anyways, it's nice to see my brother more.
6. The brother and his girlfriend will NOT be caring for my Fatboy on account that he has contracted fleas. He's an indoor cat- where he got them? I know not.
7. For fleas: 1 part beneficial nematodes, 5 parts diatomaceous earth.
Did you know that the same stuff that crunches between your teeth when you brush your teeth and the very same stuff that you use in pool filters also moonlights as a bug killer?
It's kind of like the bubonic plague, I'd imagine. I mean, if I were a flea and all of my buddies were complaining of abdomen cuts through their exoskeleton and extreme thirst, then were keeling over left and right, that's what I'd think.
The beneficial nematodes is a mouthfull that means microscopic worms that eat fleas and ticks. I think that earns the title beneficial!
8. I'm adding an 8 because I forgot about this but thought it was worth mentioning for those of you that follow my little delinquent blog: I saw the girl Spoonman was riding bikes with riding bikes with another boy on a funky cruiser-type of bike. It made me blink a few times, but I was verified when one of Spoonie's previous personal ads showed back up on Craigslist.
Maybe he's getting a taste of his own medicine… or maybe he's broken another heart. Whatever the case, he's single and still messed up and I'm happy and decidedly not so messed up; or at least The Boy likes me with all of my quirks and fuck-ups and that's really what it's all about, right?
We should all be loved for who we are.

3 Comments:
i thought you'd be happy to hear i added marcus thames to my fantasy team roster.
I would be tempted to think these *cough*convenient*cough* episodes involving the friends and the boy are thinly veiled attempts to keep said friends away from said boy and delay the opportunity for them to analyze said boy...jk...I'll wait to past muster when you return from the Great North. S
Keith: Marcus Thames is the MAN!
Seriously, he helped tons in Friday's game. And I like his little theme song they play when he's up at bat.
Anon: hmmmm no. I promise. I'm just feeling pulled from all directions lately. We'll brunch this-a-weekend!
Post a Comment
<< Home