"Fire up the crackpot..."
It's been a while since I've had a funny phone conversation with my parents. Lately it's been stressful for several reasons. It's nice for a change. Here are some bits worth sharing.
Dad: So I was looking at the high schools here and...
Mom: In the newspaper, honey!
Me: mmmhm
Mom: Well, dear, she can't possibly know where you're getting this information from.
Dad: Yeah, so and who got valedictorian and sagettarius and..
Mom: [snorts]
Me: [laughs] Dad, it's salutatorian.
Dad: Yeah, that dinosaur thing...
Mom and me: [snorts]
Mom: So we went to the Gordita Festival this weekend.
Me: Ahh, did you see any little, fat females?
Mom: Your grandfather* made a comment about the short, fat women!
Me: [amused] Mom, gordita is not just a puffy stuffed taco, it's literally "little fat female" in Spanish.
Mom: Oh my gosh! [giggles]
Me: Though, I don't think it counts because he didn't know that... but we'll just pretend!
*Papa is 89 years old. He's always been opinionated and anti-fat. He also thinks I am an old maid.
Labels: Family funnies

4 Comments:
lol your parents sound so cute and quirky.
There really should be a parental version of "Kids say the darndest things."
Hee, thanks guys.
As a kid, I had the oldest parents because they didn't have me until they were 33 so I thought they were SOoooo lame. Funny how maturing changes the perspective!
They crack me up.
lol - my mom was 32 when she birthed me, she doesn't say the darndest things though!
Post a Comment
<< Home