L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Friday, April 13, 2007

"Reckless days of wonder...

breaking the fall with trampoline feet" ~Son Volt, Waking World




Working for “The Man” has its ups and downs. Lately, I am on this Yo-Yo ride. You know? The one at the amusement parks? The long swings that twirl you out, almost perpendicular to the ride and then you start moving up and down in tiny circles thanks to the awesomeness that is centrifugal gravity? As a child, there were few rides that offered that kind of thrill without the dangers.

But back to work… It’s one LONG yo-yo ride. Turn in some kick ass numbers or finish a big project, an extra long swing up; then there’s the swing down and sometimes if it doesn’t catch you right, your swing yanks on the chain, the seat tips a little too much, and you hurl all over the person in front of you. (Hey, it’s a puke theme today, AllBilly!)

Today is the down swing of the little circles. I’m so frustrated and that upsets the tummy further, yet I can’t help but yearn for the circle up and that lightweight, practically weightless feeling. It’s in the making- if there’s an interview.

I need a break. We all do but waiting for it, it’s brutal. Let’s all get raises and promotions and kickass-edness. Please?

And churros. Churros for us all!

TGIF

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home