L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Sunday, May 27, 2007

"Are we enemies of the state?...

Or idealist bourgeoisie?" ~NOFX, The Marxist Brothers



This is a recent conversation that took place between my younger sister and her boyfriend Mark who is visiting. They are a constant source of entertainment and occasionally jewels like this shine out amongst the rest:


Her: *gasp* Baybeeeeee that's racist. Don't say that!

Mark: What's racist about it? I was just telling your sister to watch out for the darker skinned man because it was dark and she was driving.

Her: Don't call him dark; That's racist!

Mark: Um. I'm FROM [insert large midwestern city], I can't be racist. [I was smirking]

Her: No, that was racist.


Mark: If you don't stop I'm going to have to go womanist on you! [How does someone go womanist on you?]

Me: *laughs* Um. May I remind you that there's another woman in this vehicle. If you insult the driver, you get kicked out!

Her: Yeah... if you go womanist, maybe I'll just go Marxist.

Me: *uncontrollable laughter* Do you know what Marxism is?

Both: Yes.

Me: Well then, you have my blessing to get
bourgeoisie on his ass.




Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

words fail me...

salome

9:09 AM  
Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

Yes, it's amusing and disgusting at the same time.

I still think the rainbow conversation was my favorite.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home