"Mice eat cheese...
and for the most part, they do as they please then" ~ Modest Mouse, Mice Eat Cheese
"You DO realize you are ordering the cheese. patties. Right?"
Friend and I grin mischievously and nod. The waitress had just recommended the chocolate mousse but we opted instead for the cheese patties. Rasmali, for we were dining at an Indian restaurant in the North Dallas area.
We burst into a fit of laughter as the waitress leaves the audible range.
"Chocolate mousse? At an Indian restaurant?"
"I think our waitress is very disappointed in our choice."
"But we actually made a decision WITHOUT her help- she really should applaud us."
"Cheese patties, dude!"
Cheese. Patties.
Maybe this is why I am not wait staff- I'd so totally recommend the cheese patties. Just for the opportunity to say "cheese patties!" in a pompously silly way.
It's not as bad as it sounds... basically, a marscapone type of cheese topped with rosewater and sprinkled with chopped pistachios. It was tasty and light and not your regular dessert fare- which was the point of picking frickin' cheese patties!
But the Lychee Martini- to die for. The only let down, we agreed, was that there was a lemon wedge garnish instead of a cute little lychee teetering dangerously on the edge of the glass. It's scary that the same restaurant within biking distance of my home...
Labels: I eat carbs

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home