L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Thursday, June 01, 2006

"Never leave on your own ...

Where you're from and where you're goin'
I know these things like I know you hate me now." ~ Uncle Tupelo, Chicamauga.


Sorry for the long hiatus. Things snuck up on me.

Work sent me to San Antonio for a week. I went in sort of ambivolent and returned rejuvinated, recalling just why this field I am in now is the absolute right choice for me. I may have even met a potential suitor. Or at least, he's calling and emailing several times a day. It's a foreign concept at this time.

There was also a Memorial Day Weekend camping trip on the beach. I had never been to the Texas coast before this but will now make it a point to return. We actually camped feet from the water, right on the beach!

Here's a small taste of the beauty along with one of the boogie boards we took along:



Somehow, I managed to get another potential date out of the camping trip too. Covered in a sandy patina and smelling like some murky mix of seaweed and sunscreen, a guy found me attractive and funny enough to ask out. I don't know. I am mystified, but then again, I live with me all the time.

As I told the big boss when she asked if I would consider working in a higher capacity in our field, "Who knows what the future holds?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home