L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Revenge is best served….

or rather, pitched!

This particular game is amusing on so many different levels for me.

MLB is oh so cathartic for this girl right now. Sure, a lot can change with so many games left in the season, but the Tigers are off to a great start (for them, at least) and I just might be getting the silent revenge that I daydreamed of, but never specifically asked for.

Sometimes life does fall into place and can be incredibly karmatastic.

This is everything I needed and more to bring me out of the funk I’ve been in for 2-3 days.

You know those days when you are a tangled amalgamation of emotions and you can’t sort through them, nor make-out just what exactly is bothering you? You just feel restless and upset and testy. You want so badly to be happy and carefree, but it’s just not happening.

Part of it is sleep deprivation because the insomnia is hitting me hard lately.
Part is frustration and disappointment in myself.
Part is anger, confusion, and annoyance in others.
Part is healing a bruised heart.
Part is being lame and unable to exercise and work my stressors out, much less walk.

I just couldn’t seem to fix myself in the normal ways due to physical limitations. But I did manage to eat an entire Lindt Swiss Milk Chocolate bar with Hazelnuts. That, my friends, is the best chocolate that money can buy; but even sometimes that does not work.

But it’s all coming around full-circle:

I slept well last night!
I feel content and whole in myself today!!
I paid my bills for the month: wee!
Physical therapy was [FINALLY] approved by my insurance!
Family vacation plans are including me this year!

So let that be a lesson for us all:

Routing for underdogs eventually pans out.
Baseball is fucking awesome.
Have faith in our crap-ass health care system.
Time and sleep are essential in healing much that ails you.
Eat lots of milk chocolate and hazelnuts!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy to hear you are on the up and up.

11:59 AM  
Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

Thanks!
Though now, I feel a bit bad for him and the Cubs.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home