In less than 10 hours....
I will be in the midst of my first 5K race.
I feel like I should be more nervous than I am. Because I'm not. Nervous. At. All.
All I really care about is finishing.
Part of me feels guilty. That's the ex-competitive swimmer and 100m dash sprinter. She's not mean, not like the PMS-chola, but she stresses me out because she's all about perfection, about being good enough. She went into a little funk when I got tendonitis in my foot last month and I stopped training to let it heal. This girl is somewhat ashamed that I am not pushing myself harder.
The other part of me, she's proud that I stuck to this. I'm not good at pacing myself, never have been. It's also easier to go home and nap rather than head down to the trails to run, bike, or to the pool to swim. I don't know that I've experienced the feeling I get after accomplishing a long run, swim, or bike ride. It's like nothing else. It's contentment and pride, exhaustion, but also a rush. I just like it. It's even better than winning a sprint!
And I like the results:
* Better coordination
* Better balance
* Less absentmindedness
* Less stress
* Better canoodleing (Well, it WAS better!)
* Toned body (I actually don't have skinny calves anymore!)
I'm going to go get some sleep in hopes that it's not pouring rain in the morning like it's threatening to do now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home