L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Was it you?...

Someone doing something not right
Shocked to see us interrupting their delight
Who was it that we saw that night
Was it you?" Spoon.

This was the weekend for running into exes.

PhD boy: 2
Spoonman: 1
Moviebuff: 1 (He was from over a year ago)

There must be a magnet of some sort inside of me. It's hell-bent on bringing me the most uncomfortable social situations ever. Well, not THAT bad, but they definitely aren't something I'd ask for.

They say that living well/ looking good or hot/ having fun is the best revenge-- and it is, but the way that I run into them isn't exactly emitting that sentiment. Or at least to me, it's not.

Most of the time, when I run into them, we're in our respective vehicles. And Austin's big enough to be able to go somewhere and not see someone to your immediate right/left that you know or knew. These are not high-traffic areas or large intersections. Most of the time, these encounters included less than 4 cars at the light or 4-way stop. We dont' even LIVE in the same area of town nor did any of this happen while we were in the areas of town that we live in.

It's just weird. So if anyone knows a doctor that can surgically remove this magnet, I'd be eternally grateful!

Does that happen regularly to other people? In the past, my exes have moved away, which was usually the catalyst for the break-up.

But! It was an Austintacious weekend and I can't complain. Even today's overcast skies are somewhat of a blessing. It is offering me the time to sit down and put my thoughts down, to conquer that pile of laundry that's been towering over the basket, and finally finish the novel for our book club.

But it also gives me too much time to sit and feel a little lonely because Sundays are the best day of the week for being lazy, spending all day underneath the covers with a special someone. That's something that I miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home