L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Anti-climatic.

Not unlike the last episode of Seinfeld, the Governor's Roundup is over and done with.

I wish I could admit to attempting to run some of it. But that would be a vast overstatement. My brash decision Thursday night to go running left me with incredibly sore feet. I'm pretty sure I need to get the one looked at. It's pretty uncomfortable. Coming from me, that means something. I just don't feel physical pain the same way most do.

And this is from walking.

The foot, I taped it, put an extra arch support and still, 3 blocks from my vehicle it starts the nagging twinge. By the time the race started, the foot was in full-blown martyrdom.

But! No complaining, I stepped light and deliberate through all 3.1 miles and it really was the fastest walk, short of a jog.

The hardest part of the entire thing was watching the 10K runners pass us up just past the 1.5 mile point. WOW. Inadequacy abounds. And then when it was over, that feeling of accomplishment? Lost.

Maybe it was the disappointment of walking, the testy week-long sinus headache, or the lack of decent sleep this week....I might do another one at some point. For now, I'm sticking to the training because that alone makes me feel a million times better than this morning did.

But I did it. And I guess "them's braggin' rights!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home