L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sick and/or sick of waiting...

Imagine my surprise to receive an email one morning from Spoonman.

It's been a while since he has initiated email correspondence and it was in reference to "the talk": He wanted to meet up that night over drinks to discuss.

I agreed to. After all, it isn't everyday that a guy doesn't fret that sort of communication. And really, what is there to freak out about? It's talking about where we see this going, not a black hole, the Bermuda Triangle, or any such irreversible union.

Unfortunately, my body decided to revolt just hours before he was to come and pick me up. I was forced to cancel our plans. And really, I couldn't decide if the upset was more from the writhing pain or the disappointment of rescheduling. Perhaps both. There was no way I could concentrate on anything other than attempting a somewhat comfortable position- of which, there were none.

The irony is that certain 'extracurricular' activities between Spoonman and I had probably been a catalyst for my ailment. This is also not the first time that illness has gotten in the way of our important plans. Are bumps in the road such as this omens? Maybe I'm reading too much into this.

My guy informant says, "Quit worrying!" He says that most girls probably haven't lasted this long and besides he'd be crazy to let me go. Since this informant hasn't been around to know my entire track record, it could go either way, though I will say that many of my exes have stated they were dumb to have let me go or have tried to win me back. So maybe there's something to it?

All I know is that feelings cannot be forced and I can't be anyone but me and neither is terrible in the least.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe, Ms. L'A T, that this Spoonman shall be your Spoonman before his spoon rusts. So relax and breathe, but keep writing about it. It’s a good read.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home