L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Presenting: Spoonman

So, I’ve been on several dates with this one boy (for this purpose, we’ll call him “Spoonman”). Spoonman has been different from the moment we first communicated. There was something about him that kept my attention, his emails were impeccably written and clever, a clear master of writing. For me, that’s always been a HUGE turn-on.

Yes, you can all mumble “dork/geek/nerd” under your breath. I know, I’ve heard it before. But these kinds of guys, they tend to be able to hold my attention and keep it not to mention they are great communicators and that bodes well for relationships. Makes, sense, right?

Anyways, so he turns out to be a very good-looking writer that shares a lot in common and we agree to meet out.

We hit it off really well and it wasn’t any of that nervous babble, it was the-lose-track-of-time- sort of conversation. I really had a good time and surprised myself by doing something that rarely happens: a kiss on the first date.

I’m certainly no prude. Any of my close friends will tell you that I’m particularly fond of kissing and other activities of that ilk and so I am not sure why kissing on the first date poses such a quandary for me. But it does. I can’t explain it, but I did it and I knew that I couldn’t just ignore this even though I was not totally sold.

So I agreed to several more dates until we came upon my dreaded 5th date. The past 3 guys I’ve gone on a series of dates with, well, for one reason or another, it never seemed to make it to or past the 5th date. It was my curse that started with PhD Boy (his story will one day be told- just not today.)

Spoonman passes this and then some. So before I go on let me just say…Thank you, Spoonman!


This boy continues to impress and I am on the verge of smitten-ness.

Y'all: The spell checker suggest smuttiness as a correction for smitten-ness.
Cheeky plug-in.
How would it know??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home