L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Friday, March 24, 2006

Has she met her match?

So this Spoonman? Well, it’s been somewhere in the ballpark of 2mos of dating.

This is something new to me because it has been quite some time since that magical mutual attraction thing has happened to a certain someone. But it also makes her unbelievably nervous and she loses her memory, making her feel like the flaky, sorority chicks that live mere meters away.

Why is that? I mean, it’s a good thing, to like someone enough to share your free time with him. But it would be nice if my brain would function at least 60% of what it does when he’s not around. I’m funny, witty, and can draw parallels between literature and life or current political events and term life insurance.

Maybe about a month ago, we went out for dinner and I could not remember the name of the dish I wanted. I could have described to the minute detail what items were in the meal even to this day- but the name? Nope. Our lovely waitress [I use the term lovely very loosely] had already snatched the menus up and gave me the most heinous 'Oh,-my-GAH!-How-stupid-is-she?-look.'

Yeah. Nice. But we ordered and all was well. I even joked about it weeks later.

I’ve even made him dinner. He took two large helpings and raved. I thought, “For sure, this will snag him.” Well, sort of, it did. He brought dessert, anyways. No, not Tiramisu.

But I’m pretty sure he’s still dating other girls.

Okay, well, fine. We haven’t talked about being exclusive at all and I don’t really know if I am even ready for it. Hell, I’ve been on dates with other guys in that time [sans dessert]. BUT I will admit it bothers me a tad. Spoonman and I are compatible on a number of different levels and no girl likes to think there’s another that he’s comparably compatible with.

That… and the fact that he answered MY ad that I placed when I realized that he posted a different ad of his own after we’ve gone on quite a few dates. I know his writing style. I’m a writer and seem to have this affinity for patterns so it wasn’t that hard to figure out.

I don’t need to invite drama into my life so I just didn’t respond. Knowing that he’s still on the prowl… at least I know what I am dealing with here. Although, if he doesn’t contact me soon to make plans; I could lose interest. That's just how it goes.

This girl, she sits patiently, enjoys the time she has with him, hopes the interest remains kinetic, and just lives her life for her.

Does anyone have any ice cream?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Spooner doesn't realize what he has by now....

Here is hoping for his sake - he will realize it before Irish eyes start smiling and winking....

my my....

salome

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home