L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Monday, January 22, 2007

“But if it's your mind that's wanderin' It'll fall in line…

Aw honey help me pick up the change” ~ Wilco, Pick Up the Change.



How dare work get in the way of this blog! I mean, really, what is with employment, anyways?

With its ever-growing myriad of tasks that await me each morning…

And the holidays that I so enjoy having time off for…

Followed by two snow days created by an awesome ice storm…

And its paychecks that I’ve become so accustomed to…

You know, the very ones that pay for the internet connection that I use to post this blog…Oh, wait! Yes, it might just be important to keep both and have to sideline some of the blog posting from time to time.

I think that the break was also necessary for me to gather my thoughts. You see, they’ve been restless and impatient and irritable- and flakey. I will not deny they’ve been flakier than a croissant or that roommate I had a few years ago who SWORE up and down that she was anything BUT flakey. I’m not that girl; I own my absentmindedness.

Focusing those thoughts, roping them in after having let them roam free for the past month or so has been a pain in the ass. This girl didn’t even finish her Christmas shopping until two days before Christmas- lovingly referred to in my family as “Christmas Eve Squared,” and poor Limey… he’s still waiting for his. The bad-ass knit beanie that I started yesterday. Yes, January 21st.

Believe me, I’ve been trying to figure out what the is up with me. This is what I’ve come up with:

You know how some people refer to a lesser as a poor man’s something or other? American Eagle is the poor man’s Abercrombie and Fitch? K-Fed is the poor man’s… Eminem or Kato Cailin?

Sometimes we are the poor man’s version of ourselves. It’s almost like a cycle that is completely random and asymmetrical. No one can forecast this storm that comes in and keeps everything just damp enough that you slip every other step that you take. The storm that keeps your mind abuzz when it is trying ever so hard to nestle itself sleepily under the duvet.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Nothing at all. Right now, life is peachy, yet the poor man’s Scarlett has been bumped up from being my understudy.

Fuck you, poor man’s Scarlett. I’m taking back over!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

Yeah, this one's a stinker. I can't fucking focus at all.

But thanks. Tweedy's putting on a show Tuesday and Wednesday but it's all sold out now. I am SO SAD. SO SAD.

I'm even a bad fan lately.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home