"He's a real nowhere man sitting in his nowhere land...
making all his nowhere plans for nobody." ~ The Beatles, Nowhere Man
Sitting in a Best Western here in Eagle-motherfucking-Pass. Thank god for laptops. Lap, lappy tops!
Could I be any more bored? Well, perhaps I would be more bored if I lived here. Not at the Best Western… but in Eagle Passes Gas. Because there's, like, nothing to do here. And I mean nothing. Nothing.
They don't even have a Walgreens. And if there's one thing that I like to do to kill some time it's shop at Walgreens. I'm a total Walgreens whore. Where else can you get massagers, shampoo, meds, and Lee Press-On Nails?
Wal-Mart you say? Well, yes. Eagle Pass has procured one of those.
The Man (that I work for) has been sending me on presentations. It's pretty cool when the town is large, but this place is lackluster. But this is where I have been for the past few weeks- public speaking. It's, like, America's favorite pastime.
Would you believe me if I told you that the La Quinta here in Eagle Pass does not have free high speed Interwebs? Yes, well, believe it as it is the truth. Or should I say "la verdad?" Neither La Quinta nor la verdad mean high speed Interwebs.
I know; I just crushed someone's little world. But I really hate that marketing campaign.
Man, I am bored. Also, I think I am coming down with a cold. Airborne makes some killer shooters. If I had some Gin, I'd mix that up something fierce. But no tonic. Tonic tastes like bile.
Writing about Gin makes me think of Limey. He likes that Gin. Thanksgiving week, we went to a bar that tried to pass off crappy gin poured into the particular blue bottle as Bombay Sapphire but it was not.
Perhaps this is the most random post ever. And for that, I am sorry. Between the boredom, the pseudo sore throat, and driving all of that way, I'm having trouble staying on topic.
Oooo Free HBO.

3 Comments:
there is a mall in Eagle Pass - I'm sure you can find a decent taqueria with tortilla soup or pozole (soups for the throat) and hole up in your room with HBO..
s
I knew there was a mall but I was 1. not feeling well, 2. Already had dinner, 3. had to be up at 6am.
If I felt better, I probably would have had a better outlook on Eagle Pass and would have explored more.
I like the random post...alot...do more of it.
Post a Comment
<< Home