“We'll find a way regardless to make a sense out of this mess…
Nothingsevergonnastandinmy,
Nothingsevergonnastandinmy,
Nothingsevergonnastandinmy way… a-gain!” ~Wilco, Nothingsevergonnastandinmyway (Again)
Squeeeeeeee!
Poor man’s Scarlett has been squelched!
I paid some bills on-time, returned some delinquent Netflix DVDs, and procured tickets to see Jeff Tweedy tonight.
This will be my first time to see the Wilco-half of Uncle Tupelo. I was lucky enough to see Son Volt at Austin City Limits Festival in September.
Limey and I will be darn near up-close-and-personal with the Tweedster. The tickets are AMAZING. Quite possibly the best I’ve ever had- and that includes squeezing my little butt up to the very front of the stage at ACL Fest.
Sadly, I missed out completely on Uncle Tupelo. At least I do not limit my fandom to one or the other. I’ve been listening to Wilco much, much longer (more airplay in my backasswards home town) but [shhhh!] Jay’s my favorite!
I’ve been reduced to schoolgirl giddiness at an alarming degree. It’s almost embarrassing!
Labels: Music to my ears

4 Comments:
I am JAY all the way. Son Volt killed Wilco..and Jay is just Jay...what can i say.
but enjoy tweedy..and tell him thanks for fucking up a great band. Jay too if you see him.
FYI
POSTED: JANUARY 22, 2007 (Shore Fire press release)
ALBUM MARKS FARRAR'S AND SON VOLT'S MORE DIVERSE RECORD YET
'The Search,' the intriguing new album from Son Volt, is set for release on March 6 on Transmit Sound/Legacy, and it's by far the band's most daring and diverse album yet. The follow-up to 2005's acclaimed 'Okemah and the Melody of Riot,' 'The Search' is a startlingly powerful and inspiring departure from the band's alt-country laden records, employing an exceptional variety of sounds, melodies, and arrangements.
http://www.jayfarrar.net/news/index.htm
Another FYI,(saw this, and the Translation came to mind...you probable already know but oh well)
This just in from Wilcoworld.net:
We will be webcasting Jeff Tweedy’s performance from the Paramount Theatre in Charlottesville, Virginia on Wednesday, January 31 via Wilcoworld. Stay tuned for details.
You are the only other SOn Volt fan I "know" so...new Son Volt songs are streaming on the Son Volt site.
Post a Comment
<< Home