L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

“Who's tripping down the streets of the city...

Smilin' at everybody she sees;
Who's reachin' out to capture a moment?
Everyone knows it's Windy” ~The Association; Windy



All aboard the “Pineapple Express!”

Weathermen are citing this phenomenon of warm jet stream activity flowing out of Hawaii towards Washington State for the dynamic weather that is plaguing the southern US.

There is rain galore in Washington but windy-ass, f-ing winds here in Texas (whew, thank goodness for commas or that sentence could be vastly different.) And we’re talking winds that are going speeds faster than most of our grandparents drive. Well, those of us that aren’t related to a hotrod granny.

My mom has this theory that when it became windy, it excited the children. I used to think this was a bunch of crap because, “What me, hyper?!” Um yeah… I was always hyper- but according to mom,-even more so when the wind blew hard, fast, and steady as it is today. Mom says it might be the allergies that cause the unrest. Whatever it is, it’s spot-on.

I’m feeling antsy, indecisive, unfocused, and yet I want to relax. It’s so frustrating to be calm, yet feel rushed. It’s almost like having an impending deadline for school- and not having done the prerequisite research. God knows that is my very imp of the perverse and yet, we have full control over how stressed we get over said paper. Yet we push and push until it’s giving that familiar, looming doom. Much the same as how I’m feeling now.

So I’m a 7-year-old once more. Running about the playground, rubbing my nose, unable to sit still in my cubicle; sweeping my piece-y bangs over my brow repeatedly, rubbing my nose, rechecking my forums and blogs over… and over… and over. It’s like me, only times eleventy billion. And one.

This is the wind’s doing. I am convinced of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger It's me, @Moustachio said...

The wind is NUTTY - Being outside is so loud. From the winds.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This entry is extremely well written. Props.

5:59 PM  
Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

Thanks Zeppy. That means a lot coming from you.

Conti, did you know the wind also blows in H-Town. Yes, yes indeed. ;-)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home