L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Can you deny?...

There's nothing greater, nothing more than
the traveling hands of time? ~ Son Volt, Tear Stained Eye


Perhaps I spoke too soon. One has started to weed himself out whether or not it is on purpose- I don’t know.

Bomb Pop’s frosty goodness has started to melt into a sticky puddle. I’m not exactly sure it is intentional that he is incommunicado seeing as he has school-related functions to prepare for but even then, what does a quick email or phone call entail? The sticky puddle is annoyance, especially when you’ve been nothing but lenient. I don’t ask for much at this point, but communication is not a leash!

What’s funny is that he swooped in just after I met Limey and usurped him by being attentive and doting, yet mysterious. And hot. Now, the descent is just as surprising to me and the friends that thought for sure that he was somehow different and thus, the favorite.

Limey, however, is almost a Dreamcicle in comparison. He now calls just to chat and plans a little for our outings. He is also in school- amazing how he has the time for the little things! It has become important to him that I meet his friends. He always greets me with a smile and a kiss that is always returned. As we talk, we have more in common and more interests me about him.

I mean, there might be butterflies. Maybe. That’s all I’m sayin’.

Unfortunately, there is a little ice splinter in the mix. An ex… THE EX has resurfaced and started his oh-so-timely attempts to re-woo me. Me, the girl he dropped over 2 years ago. Me, the girl he wouldn’t listen to, like… well, EVER. It’s the same spiel about doing whatever it takes but it has been promised before without results. This time, someone else is not listening.

I find myself caring about hurting him but loving myself more. I, for one, certainly can’t deny that there is anything greater than time, especially when it comes to broken hearts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

...but loving myself more...I think you nailed it. I won't even attempt to comment on your popsicle issues. I offered some advice to my son and she told him not to listen to me...however, I looked at her and said, "well I got you didn't I?" a bit random, sorry.

And Son Volt rocks.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the timely comeback of the ex. Damn their new-relationship homing device.

3:58 PM  
Blogger It's me, @Moustachio said...

sounds like you have yourself a trifecta of men, there.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home