L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Sunday, June 04, 2006

"Besides the Mexican food sucks North of here anyway."

I'm not a Bowling for Soup fan, but that line from the song is great.

This morning was gorgeous. Breezy, warm, but not hot and humid. These are the mornings that every Central Texan is reminded of why we live here. We breathed in the pulchritude as we drove up towards downtown after filling our breakfast needs. And then at the stop light, the most Austin-tacious scene was laid out before our eyes.

Amidst several full-sized trucks and flanked by a Mini Cooper were two police officers on horseback, waiting for the light to change. The horses swayed and impatiently danced in place. The new skyline, complete with the Gothamesque, gigantic nose hair trimmer, Frost Bank building was the back drop.



I was reminded why I should make it a point to bring my camera with me at all times because this was one of those moments. You know, when something strikes you as whimsical, humorous, quintessential, and quaint. A visual statement in time, if you will.

It was very Texas and captured the essence of our capital city.

I fell in love all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home