On the Austin Bachelor
During the past 3.5 years that I've been single and living in Austin, I've become well aquainted with a behavior that is labeled "The Peter Pan Syndrome."
Basically, it's an epidemic that is spreading to bachelors near you... They just want to date and date and date and date and can't settle down. They can't sit still long enough to get to know any girl and God forbid she not put out within a week.
Of course, it works as a good weed-out for some women who can pick up on the most subtle of symptoms and run in the opposite direction. But those women aren't trapped in a house with cameras and snarky girls lurking in every cranny.
Apparently, the most recent bachelor also suffers from this affliction called the Peter Pan Syndrome. It's almost funny because I called it at the beginning while watching with my sister but was hoping it would end otherwise.
My sister snorted in disgust, "So why did he even buy the ring?"
"I don't know..." I held my left hand out to examine an invisible engagement ring,"Maybe he liked the way it looked on his own hand?"

3 Comments:
Pshaw. You're just jaded. Why do women always do that? Even, nay especially, the hot ones who could, frankly, have anybody they set their sites on for at least a trial run.
Maybe, the people who don't want to settle down are just the ones who don't think its quite right. Maybe said hot women should start weeding through the supply with a little more diligence. Lord knows they've got the pick of the litter.
And don't try to deny it. I've seen you at bars, you always had at least three guys hitting on you when I showed up.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas.
Please read my latest blog entry. My goal is to fill this guy's inbox.
http://funqi.blogspot.com/2007/12/nashvillephotographercomcastnet.html
Hey Funqui: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Uh yeah, I need to log in more often!
And WGM: How else does one sore through them besides dating them and thus getting a little hurt in the process.
Jaded, right. More like realistic. Yeah, he did them a favor if it wasn't really right but considering it was The Bachelor and he knew what he was getting into, it has to be asked: Why go on it in the first place?
Lame!
Post a Comment
<< Home