L'Austin Translation

"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

Monday, October 01, 2007

"And the phone is a fine invention...

It allows me to talk endlessly to you." ~ Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins




Okay, so I haven't been completely honest... I'm probably not "unboyfriendable." Though, sometimes it feels like a huge 2x4 of it has hit me in the head, knocking me unconscious and, well, "unboyfriendable." I have my moments of insanity driven emotion. If I didn't, I wouldn't be female.

And then there's the fiercely independent person, the one I was born to be. The one that freaks her mom out by doing all sorts of things alone and being very much okay with it all. I mean, why not? I don't have issues meeting friends out downtown instead of meeting up somewhere first. I have now been to a movie alone and actually enjoyed the experience. And I've taken myself out for sit-down dinners several times, though I must admit, a great majority of those were work/travel induced. But I like being alone too is my point.

This is WHY I am boyfriendable. I can leave a guy alone and do my own thing. I don't freak out when he wants to go out with the guys; I can go shopping alone so that he doesn't have to endure the crapfest that is jean shopping; I enjoy the heck out of my own life enough that I don't spill out, over, and engulf his. Not that my life is a party... I mean, you've seen the state of affairs if you've kept up at all.

But it's also exciting.

Today, I spoke with a former interest who works in the same field, only it pays better and there's more chance for advancement. And he found me a possible job. All I had to do was make contact. I winced, I admit. He and I had a spotty past. I don't think either of us took each other seriously. But yeah, we all have been young and stupid, even in the recent past. And so the next chapter in my professional life might encompass exactly what it is that I want to do with my life with the added bonus that it is in the private sector.

Work has gone topsy-turvy on everyone. It is about as familiar as it was when I was about 3 months into this career path. I can't even say what it is that is happening but it's less sad and more hilariously funny. I wonder what else can change the next time I flash my badge at the security guard. What does this day of the week involve? It just may keep me entertained enough until things change for me in the professional arena.

And then there's Cincinnati. Not the city, rather a boy. A boy called Cincinnati. Or at least, that is how my friends know him; a fact I recently divulged in a fit of laughter. He retorted, "Well, you ARE known as 'Austin' in my circle, so..." And so it is. Austin and Cincinnati, two hill-topped cities that have "clicked" for some time. There are factors that make this difficult and slow... but who knows? The future can hold a great many things.

See? Excitement!

I "squee" with anticipation, which is, of course, the onomatopoeia of excitement.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home